Sunday, September 7, 2014

Liebster Award

Back in April (!!) I was nominated for a liebster award by the talented Sally Bee Makes. I'm great at putting things off so I'm only getting around to doing it now. Thanks again Sally!

How this works:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
3. Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers
4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
5. Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them


1. Why did you start blogging?
 I find the combination of personal style and crafting skill shown by sewing bloggers very inspiring and wanted to be part of the community.
2. How do you get yourself out of a sewing funk?
I don't really have a tried and true method for that!
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I love where I live (Toronto Canada) but I've always wanted to live abroad in Japan. I'm really interested in the culture, plus the country is pretty much the holy mecca of craft supplies and fabric.
4. Sewing for other people: love it or loathe it?
I kind of like it. Sewing for other people was one of the challenges I set for myself this year. The project I'm working on right now is a dress for a friend and I'm a little bit nervous!
5. What is your best feature?
Probably my eyes. 
6. If you had an infinite amount of money that would disappear after one day, how would you spend that day?
Paying off my friends and mine student debts, flying my family in from British Columbia (1st class because we're talking magical money here!) and then taking all my friends and family out for an awesome time at Guu Izakaya.
7. What is your favourite fabric shop?
I really like Fabric by Designer on Queen St in Toronto, it has a nice selection of garment fabrics and is well organized. I also like King Textiles on Spadina for the size of the selection and good prices. My most frequented online fabric store is Miss Matatabi for gorgeous Japanese fabrics.
8. What is your biggest sewing sin?
Not always lining up my fabrics selvage to selvage to check if the grainline is straight. 
9. If you could make any sewing process disappear, what would it be?
checking grainlines, haha!
10. Which other crafts, if any, do you do?
I like to knit, but mostly only on long car rides or in front of the tv.
11. Cats or dogs?



1. Why did you start blogging?
2. How do you get yourself out of a sewing funk?
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
4. Sewing for other people: love it or loathe it?
5. What is your best feature?
6. If you had an infinite amount of money that would disappear after one day, how would you spend that day?
7. What is your favourite fabric shop?
8. What is your biggest sewing sin?
9. If you could make any sewing process disappear, what would it be?
10. Which other crafts, if any, do you do?
11. Cats or dogs?

I nominate:

Irma 

Bonus to take me to 11:
Her blog is in French but Viedomestique is lovely with great eye candy, she posts on Burdastyle as as aalaberge.

Also! I used bloglovin followers to determine eligibility, even though I actually use Feedly to follow most blogs. If you want me follow you on bloglovin for the numbers I would be more than happy to.

Hope everyone has fun with the questions!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for nomination :) Hope I won't postpone answering the questions as long as you did ;)
    Now when I look at your cute cat, I really miss mine and can't wait to go back home and put my hands in his super soft (and dirty) white coat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) I took forever to get around to it, but I found it quite fun. I've seen your cat on your blog, very cute :)

      Delete